1. I didn’t drink until after I’d graduated from university; I used to drink Foster’s and was very pleased with myself when I graduated to Greene King IPA.
2. When Boak is away on business, I sometimes treat myself to a six pack of Becks which I drink straight from the bottles in front of CSI. (That in itself is a non-beery guilty pleasure.)
3. I like sweetened krieks — the ones that are usually described as “dumbed down”. I guess I’m dumb, but I don’t care.
1. Our corporate line is that Orval is great stuff but — honestly — I don’t really know what the I’m supposed to be enjoying so much. There are hundreds of beers I prefer.
2. When I’m away on business, I like to buy a six pack of Becks and drink it straight from the bottle in my hotel room. (Nah, only kidding: it tastes like spit.)
3. Seriously, when I’m away on business, I often get cravings for Wetherspoon’s bargain comfort food and sneak in for a dirty burger or fish and chips.
4. When I was a teenager, I thought Red Stripe was the classy, connoisseur’s choice, once I’d graduated from snakebite and black in the Red Lion, E11.
Have you worked out the relevance of the picture yet? No, nor have we.