We’re having a couple of days off blogging because of annoying real life deadlines and commitments so, in the meantime, here are a few things you might have missed from the last month or two.
CAMRA et al
- How CAMRA got its name and the origins of the term ‘real ale’.
- When the meanings of ‘draught’, ‘keg’ and ‘cask’ were fixed by civil servants.
- Where CAMRA’s ‘living beer’ rhetoric came from.
- The Ancient Order of Froth Blowers and the Pub Users Preservation Society; the Real Ale Liberation Front; and the National Society for the Promotion of Pure Beer.
- A brief history of CAMRA bashing.
Beer and brewing
- Home brewing St Austell 1912 stout.
- Sharp’s Connoisseur’s Choice triple and quadrupel.
- What we thought of St Austell’s version of their own 1913 Original Stout.
- The Sainsbury’s Great British Beer Hunt.
Miscellaneous ponderingsand silliness
- Are CAMRA and Brewdog cults?
- What is a ‘pop’ beer?
- Are pub chains inevitable?
- An incomplete list of British lagers with silly fake German names.
- What we think about writer/blogger collaboration brews.
See you on the other side….