These are some Tweets about beer we enjoyed in 2013.
1. Ed defines craft beer:
Another attempt to define 'craft beer'? Surely every one knows it just means 'tastes of grapefruit' by now?
— Ed Wray (@TheBeerFather) November 1, 2013
(He later expanded this thought in a blog post.)
2. Simon wins our nomination for Tweeter of the year:
"My wife loves that new microbrewery in Bermondsey"
"No, her opinions are usually quite objective"#pnj
— Simon James (@Gueuzel) November 11, 2013
3. Barm’s new style designation, London murky, is used in the wild:
Just been to the brewers market thingy. 10 identical breweries knocking out London murky. Bought from Camden and W&E.
— Ben Brogden (@ben_brg) November 30, 2013
4. Ron Pattinson finally arrives on Twitter:
5. Extreme tankard action from the late Simon H. Johnson:
Screw 'appropriate glassware'; I've got Celebrator in a leather tankard: pic.twitter.com/cJ5oaoR0cr
— Simon H Johnson (@simonhjohnson) May 11, 2013
6. @sauvin calls it:
When a trend gets a ‘guide for beginners’, it means it has gone mainstream >> ‘Craft beer: a guide for beginners http://t.co/C97d2IAgwH’
— Anna Managò (@sauvin) June 14, 2013
7. Dominic from Thornbridge trolls beer history nerds:
@jamesbwxm an unhopped (hops don't grow in Scotland) peaty (malt kilned over peat in Scotland as was cheapest fuel available) ale
— Dominic Driscoll (@ThornbridgeDom) October 24, 2013
8. Broughton Ales take this extreme beer thing too far:
Join us for a wee tasting! http://t.co/dJLRY3WcY7
— Broughton Brewery (@BroughtonAles) March 22, 2013
9. The Beer Nut succinctly describes the typical craft beer bar:
The only man in the craft beer pub without a beard: I'm used to that. But the only one not wearing his hat indoors? The world has gone wrong
— The Beer Nut (@thebeernut) July 3, 2013
10. Ol Fozard from Rooster’s sums up the appeal of Untappd for brewers:
Untappd is a great app! How else would I find out that someone thinks I'm doing a shit job, at 6am on a Monday morning?!
— Oliver Fozard (@RoostersOl) July 8, 2013
11. Brewery Twitter accounts are speared by Nick Mitchell:
Anybody fancy paying me to run a brewery Twitter account? eg "Wow it's [cold/warm out there/Friday/Ramadan], who fancies a [brand of beer]?"
— Nick (@Nickiquote) July 9, 2013
12. Though it turned into a boring running in-joke, Zak’s first Tweet was brilliant:
Last night I saw Garrett Oliver in The Hanging Bat, wearing a banging hat #truestory
— Zak Avery (@ZakAvery) July 12, 2013
13. One of many proclamations from the Tao of Keeling:
There are very few beers I wouldn't drink however there are lots of beers i wouldnt recommend.
— John Keeling (@FullersJohn) August 7, 2013
14. And, finally, a brewing icon gets the recognition it deserves:
The amount of sheer joy customers get from the plastic Celebrator goat makes me think most breweries are doing marketing really wrong.
— Mike Reis (@applesandtime) August 24, 2013