We’re writing something longer than usual (1500+ words) for Saturday 30 August 2014. Join us!
This time, to give people time to recuperate and work on their masterpieces, we thought we’d set a longer deadline, hence 30 August.
Here’s the deal if you want to join in:
- Write something longer than usual. (Our standard posts are 300–700 words long, so we aim for at least 1500 before we consider it a ‘long read’.)
- You could just stretch a normal post out by adding lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of unnecessary words, phrases, sentences, and indeed paragraphs. But that’s quite the point. Instead, choose a subject which requires more words.
- We’re not in charge and there are no ‘rules’; you can write what you like, post when you like; and you don’t have to mention us or link to this blog in your post. (Though of course it would be nice.)
- If you want us to include your contribution in our round-up, let us know. The simplest way is by Tweeting a link with the hashtag #beerylongreads.
- TIP: think of something you want to read but that doesn’t seem to exist – an interview with a particular brewer, the history of beer in a specific town, the story of a famous pub – and then write it.
- Drop us a line if you want advice or just to run your idea past someone.
Last time we did this, we had a flurry of messages from people saying: ‘I didn’t know this was happening!’ We’ll issue a few reminders at tactical intervals but, in the meantime, put it in your diaries!
We haven’t decided what we’re going to write about yet. If you have any suggestions (our Newquay Steam Beer post was prompted by an email from a reader) let us know in the comments below.