And that’s it: we’re shutting down for a week or so as we head off to spend Christmas with our families.
In the meantime, there are some posts from the 2014 archive that you might want to give a second look listed below.
Thanks for reading in 2014 and merry Christmas to you all!
Lots of Comments
- Trans-Atlantic Collaboration Woes — a response to Matt Curtis’s surprisingly controversial post about Wetherspoon’s and craft beer.
- Beer, Beer Everywhere — we observed an American craft beer drinker struggling to find a beer he could enjoy in an English pub.
- Where the Boddies is Buried — a long post in which we consider the decline of a beer once beloved of geeks and bitterness junkies.
- Pretentious and Complicated — is there a middle ground between pretentious craft beer that’s probably too complicated for the likes of you, and ‘macro gak’?
- Revisiting the Spread of Craft Beer — back in January, we took stock of how far the idea had spread outside the ‘urban beer bubble’.
Read by Lots of People
- Gangs and Cliques in British Beer — are you part of the crafterati, an extremophile, or just a straight-up bitter drinker?
- Not as British as it Looks — we tried to get to the bottom of where exactly Camden Hells is brewed.
- BrewDog are the Big Dog — though we’re not fully-paid-up cult members, we think BrewDog is important and interesting.
- Alternate Spoons in the Craft Continuum — what we made of the Wetherspoon chain’s craft beer makeover.
- Golden Pints 2014 — our top beers, bars, blogs and books.
A Pox upon the Round-head curs! / Come, bring more Christmas beer!