For the second year in a row, here’s a list of some Tweets that tickled us in the past 12 months.
Because they told us something we didn’t know, expressed an idea efficiently, or simply made us laugh, we favourited, re-Tweeted, or included them in one of our weekly round-ups.
1. The Beer Nut observes an amusing juxtaposition in Bamberg.
2. There’s a lot of history encapsulated in this one photo.
My dad (far left) and his mates being introduced to beer and tabs. 1959. pic.twitter.com/Ifqzq8rirH
— Graham Nelson (@arrowsails) September 25, 2014
3. We see a lot of lovely pub livery passing through our timeline but this was particularly eye-catching.
— natalie ainscough (@natainscough) August 1, 2014
4. You can keep your Horrible Histories — Maid Marian and Her Merry Men was the original and the best.
Er… crazy. So it WAS Maid Marian. She does horticulture now and did the hops for Meantime. Day made. pic.twitter.com/D2d4LlaEBJ
— It Comes In Pints? (@icipints) June 5, 2014
5. A portrait of a Sheffield brewer by a visiting Canadian.
— Robin LeBlanc, from work (@TheThirstyWench) May 23, 2014
6. The horror… the horror!
A fearful sentence for beer-festival attendees "There will be other strolling and surprise entertainers sprinkled throughout the day"
— Richard Taylor (@TheBeerCast) April 8, 2014
The decline of @CAMRA_Official into irrelevance continues with now only 160,000 members, down from 150,000 a short time ago
— robsterowski (@robsterowski) March 19, 2014
8. As we said when we featured this in our weekly round-up, what a time it is to be alive.
Fairly sure I've built the only public transport app that gives you the time till the last tram in the units of pints pic.twitter.com/cfwRTiVg7D
— Phil Wolstenholme (@philw_) February 27, 2014
9. As the so-called weatherbomb hits, here’s a shot of a pub in Newlyn standing up to the sea during last winter’s storms.
Pub is taking a pasting but still open tonight ! pic.twitter.com/u1HPu74jeS
— ben tunnicliffe (@ben_tunnicliffe) February 14, 2014
10. An astonishing revelation from James ‘BrewDog’ Watt — how different things might have been! (Reggae Reggae IPA….?)
We actually applied to go on Dragons Den in 2007 & got rejected at the screen test stage. Looking back, I am pretty glad we got rejected.
— James Watt (@BrewDogJames) January 29, 2014
11. Home brewing: not even once.
There's something wrong with me. I'm absolutely buzzing cos someone's agreed to give me an old fridge. Brew geek status fully achieved.
— Connor Murphy ? (@likethemurphys) June 4, 2014
12. From our top tweeter of 2013, a joke which relies on pronouncing gueuze properly.
"Beer then wine / You'll feel fine / Beer then gueuze / You'll feel worser"
— Simon James (@Gueuzel) June 5, 2014
13. Food and music pairing from the Tao of Keeling.
Any song by the Fall must be perfect to match with those no nonsense Manchester Bitters I was so fond of drinking
— John Keeling (@FullersJohn) June 5, 2014
14. Cold War history from Keith Flett.
review @guardian notes that passphrase of Soviet contact to nuclear spy Fuchs was 'Stout is not so good. I generally take lager'.
— keith flett (@kmflett) June 14, 2014
15. An astute observation.
A legal requirement of any craft beer bar is having the brewing process crudely painted on a brick wall pic.twitter.com/Of0OOOgTsY
— Craig Heap (@CraigHeap) June 25, 2014
16. High concept home brewing.
Attempting to utilise the Fibonacci series for both hop weights and timings for my next DIPA. My brain hurts.
— Subterranean D (@Lugsy51) July 4, 2014
17. Psychedelic home brewing.
Yesterday interviewed an ex homebrewer who made a NewKey Brown clone with 10 magic mush in each bottle…‘it was a good night’ he recalled
— Adrian Tierney-Jones (@ATJbeer) September 4, 2014
18. We tried this; it didn’t work.
MAKE your own trendy craft beer by putting a splash of elderflower cordial in a pint of John Smiths. (via @hodgo34)
— Twop Twips (@TwopTwips) August 29, 2014
19. Presumably a rather murky beer.
20. And, finally, the problem with Twitter summed up.
Twitter: mostly amazing but occasionally turns into two people shouting 3/8ths of what they're trying to say to each other through a keyhole
— Chris Hall (@ChrisHallBeer) May 14, 2014