We’re interested in buying copies of the following magazine:
- The Campaign for Real Ale’s newsletter/newspaper What’s Brewing from the mid-1970s (we have a complete set from 1977–1997)
- The Grist, published by SIBA in the 1980s and 90s.
- Watney’s in-house magazine The Red Barrel
- Truman’s in-house magazine The Black Eagle
- Whitbread’s imaginatively named in-house magazine The Whitbread Magazine or the earlier House of Whitbread
- and any other in-house publications from UK brewers from before, say, 1999.
As for books…
- We have borrowed copies of the CAMRA Good Beer Guide from 1974 and 1975 but would love to have our own. We can’t afford copies in good condition (have you seen the prices they go for?) but will happily buy tatty ones, as long as the pages are all there and the text is legible.
- We’re also in the market for local beer and pub guides from the nineteen-seventies and eighties for, e.g., Leeds or London.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you can help.
We should add that, though we’re happy to pay a fair price, donations in the name of science are also very welcome.