We posted yesterday on our stuck fermentation problems, and how we’re trying an experimental batch with a kit to try and identify where in the process it’s all going wrong.
Obviously, having tried all-grain mashes, there was no way we were just going to follow the recipe – we had to tinker. Because we love the open-source ideal, here’s our recipe;
- 2 cans of Muntons Gold – Old English Bitter (hopped extract)
- 1lb carapils & 1 lb Munich malt, steeped in sub-boiling water for 20 minutes
- 2lbs of light malt extract
- Hops: 0.5 oz East Kent Goldings (5.6%) for 60 minutes (at boil), 0.5 oz East Kent Goldings (5.6%) for 20 minutes, 0.5 oz Cascades – 5 minutes
- Gervins English ale yeast (sachet, re-hydrated)
Instructions follow after the jump.